[dba-Tech] I reinstalled (was No Icons)

Kathryn Bassett kathryn at bassett.net
Fri Aug 26 19:53:32 CDT 2005

Well, I finally decided I couldn't spend any more time figuring out how to "fix" the problem. Instead I reinstalled W2k. I did it like an "update" instead of a clean install, so most of my associations remained (like Word Perfect, Word, WinZip, etc). I did have to reinstall the driver for my wireless, but that wasn't time consuming. Almost everything is working right now, except ZA. I'm using the free version, and downloaded/updated the most recent version. I've rebooted a couple times and am still getting "system error" and that true vector security is not running. I set it to not load automatically, and an rebooting now to see what happens. Got a few more things to try before I need help with that.

Thanks for the various suggestions. I've got a copy of XP coming, and will be installing that next week, but at least in the meantime my husband can get back to surfing eBay.

--
Kathryn Rhinehart Bassett (Pasadena CA)
"Genealogy is my bag" "GH is my soap"
kathryn at bassett.net