[dba-Tech] Outlook 2003 group by

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Fri Dec 9 22:20:50 CST 2005

On 9 Dec 2005 at 11:31, John Bartow wrote:

> Although I detest that the default for this feature was on by default and I
> had to turn it off manually in all of my folders...
>
> I am trying it to see if it can be of some benefit. I have run into a common
> problem I have had with sorting email in the past and am hoping someone has
> a solution for it.
>
> When the original post is replied to it gets the RE: in front of the subject
> from most people and sometimes an FW:
>
> Is there a way to strip these or have the sorting function just ignore RE:
> and FW:?

You could switch to Pegasus Mail. Then you can create your own list of
prefixes to ignore when sorting messages :-)

<quote>
;
; PREFIX.PM - user-defined subject prefix "ignore" list
; Use this file to create your own list of strings that
; Pegasus Mail should ignore at the start of the subject
; line when sorting by thread or sorting by subject.
;
</quote>

--
Stuart