[dba-Tech] Laptop should run faster

Rocky Smolin - Beach Access Software bchacc at san.rr.com
Sun Jan 2 00:55:05 CST 2005

Dear tech:

My laptop doesn't run as fast as I thin it should (who's does?).  I recall vaguely some tips about things that can be turned of in windows that tend to bog things down.  Some kind of logging, or indexing, or audit trailing, or something.

Anyway, if anyone has any hints I'll give them a try.  It's a 64bit Athlon processor running with 512MB RAM and WXP Home.  Seems to be doing a lot of disk swapping when starting or terminating programs.  Also slow startup when changing user accounts.

Any tips appreciated.

Best,

Rocky Smolin
Beach Access Software