[dba-Tech] Laptop should run faster

Erwin Craps - IT Helps Erwin.Craps at ithelps.be
Sun Jan 2 05:39:03 CST 2005

A slower machine (then should be) will  most likely mean you got a
trojan or a virus on your computer.

Some while ago, I also experienced slowness and that was caused by the
SNMP and SNMP WMI windows software (XP Pro only???). I found some
article about it, but no solution but to remove this windows part.
Have no idea why that caused it because I used it for 2 years without a
problem, but it seem to conflict with some kind of update or software.
The machine was much much slowe,, kind of your CPU runs all the time at
100%, but the weird thing was that it was not...
It indeed looked like it was swapping all the time memory to the disk
for every little thing I deed.
It is in Windows management and Control software options. Posibly only
for Windows XP Pro.

Erwin