[dba-Tech] Laptop should run faster

Drew Wutka dbatech at wolfwares.com
Sun Jan 2 14:54:45 CST 2005

Go to computer management. (Right Click on 'My Computer' and click
Management.  The last node in that list will have Services.  In the list of
services, you'll find the 'Indexing Service'.  Go into that services
properties and disable it.  If you don't see any changes in performance,
re-enable it.

Drew