[dba-Tech] Laptop should run faster

Dan Waters dwaters at usinternet.com
Sun Jan 2 21:59:24 CST 2005

Rocky,

I've been trying to do some screen video capture with MS Windows Media
Viewer Encoder (free!).  This was so slow that it was going to be unusable.
I came across a tip to turn off all hardware acceleration, and that did the
trick.  Go to screen properties, select Settings - Advanced - Troubleshoot.
Push the slider to the left side.  Mine was set to full acceleration.  I
haven't seen any adverse affects from doing this, so I'll keep it at this
setting.

This may only be helpful for problems with the screen display, but it's a
cheap fix!

HTH,
Dan Waters
ProMation Systems