[dba-Tech] Workstation identification

Steve Erbach erbachs at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 08:45:26 CST 2005

Gustav,

>> you could retrieve the IP address but it would be the outside
address of the front router not the workstation's. <<

...and that's where I see that pcpitstop.com is onto something. Its
report shows both IP addresses, external and internal. I presume that
the internal address is gleaned from some ActiveX control. Not that I
want to mess with adding an ActiveX control to a .NET application.

Well, your good sense suggestion of simply the username is what I'll
wind up doing. Thanks.

Steve Erbach
Neenah, WI