[dba-Tech] Temporary Internet Files

John Bartow john at winhaven.net
Tue Jan 25 14:44:09 CST 2005

Is this at work? If so do they have it disabled? Many of the menu/toolbar
items can be disabled via policies. Maybe they just initiated the policy?

Nother possibility is try the repair feature of the install/unistall applet.

You could also edit the registry. In WXP:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
Settings
And
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
Settings
Hold these settings.

Otherwise, since its win98 you could go in through DOS and remove the
existing folder. It will, of course, be putsy but it could be done.

HTH
John B.