[dba-Tech] is ChkDsk not working?

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Thu Jan 27 12:49:21 CST 2005

I usually run chkdsk from safe mode and
I run chkdsk first
then chkdsk /F

Just maybe you have some corrupt system files, so restore from your XP cd
You could try this "scannow"

Every thing you wanted to know about but were afraid to ask about scannow
Read this article first to explain any surprises and how windows xp  dll
updates are saved and stored.

http://www.updatexp.com/scannow-sfc.html

Put WinXp CD in drive so it will be available, then

Click Start
click Run
type

sfc /scannow