[dba-Tech] Slipstream WinXP/SP2

Admin Sparky dba.email at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 11:29:02 CST 2005

Greetings,

I read an interesting article a month or so ago about creating a WinXP
disk that includes SP2.    The process is called slipstreaming.  I
would like to try this process because in that same magazine I read
that, on average, a new machine need only be connected to the internet
for about 4 minutes before being infected by something.

I have an existing OEM CD sans any SP, but recently purchased a
"sticker-only" license.  I went to M$ in the hopes of downloading SP2,
but to no avail.  It seems, to the casual user, as though M$ will only
deliver the software via the windows update service.

I'm hoping that a few of you network admin types can point me in the
right direction.

Many thanks.

Mark