[dba-Tech] Firefox

Bryan Carbonnell carbonnb at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 10:05:14 CDT 2005

On 7/6/05, Tesiny, Ed <EdTesiny at oasas.state.ny.us> wrote:
> Hi Listers,
> I'm trying to install FireFox on my laptop, WinXp Home Edition.  Download..no problem...install..again no problem..but when i TRY THE SHORTCUT..I get the msg can find  start.firefox.org...any suggestions??

Ed,

It looks like your home page is set to start.firefox.org

Try resetting your homepage (Tools|Options|General) close down FF and reopen..

If that doesn't work open up the prefs.js file in your Firefox profile
(on Win2K mine is at:
C:\Documents and Settings\<USERNAME>\Application
Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\<RANDOM_LETTERS_&_NUMBERS>.default\prefs.js)
in a text editor (notepad should work)

Search for start.firefox.org. If you find it, replace it with a valid
URL and resave the file. Now try and open FF and see if that helps.

Bryan Carbonnell - carbonnb at gmail.com
shouting "What a great ride!"