[dba-Tech] Dearly Departed Databases (R.I.P.)

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Sun Jul 17 16:43:12 CDT 2005

On 17 Jul 2005 at 16:48, Shamil Salakhetdinov wrote:

> DataFlex - I did work with it in 1993-1994 - it was great, OOP, 4GL etc. -
> it was widely used epecially in Autralia and Sweden, UK etc. - is getting
> nowehere now?

It was my main development environment  86 - 94 and I was still using it
fairly regularly up to about 97. It's still around in niche markets -
latest version is something like Visual Dataflex 10.  I have one client who
still uses CBA (Dataflex based) as their main accounting system and I
occassionally write a bit of Dataflex to suck data out it in.

How about Q&A?  Had a great 'Intelligent Assistant" that would try to
answer plain english language queries like "How many widgets did each
branch sell last year?"

--
Stuart