[dba-Tech] WMP on two screens

Josh McFarlane darsant at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 09:08:53 CDT 2005

On 7/27/05, Kathryn Bassett <kathryn at bassett.net> wrote:
> > Scott Marcus said:
>
> > What DVD software do you have loaded on the machine?
>
> Do you mean what do I burn stuff with? I have Nero 6 Ultra Edition. There's other things installed too, but I lost track of what all is there. In addition to the built in CD burner, there is an external DVD burner (HP).
>
> > You mentioned that this is not set up as dual monitors. Are
> > you saying that both monitors show exactly the same thing? If
> > so, it may be some setting for the video driver.
>
> That is correct. Both monitors show the same thing. With the once exception of the content of the WMP. It used to work, but I don't know what version of WMP was the last one that it worked for. I've been "living with it" for a long time.
>
> --
> Kathryn Rhinehart Bassett (Pasadena CA)
> "Genealogy is my bag" "GH is my soap"
> kathryn at bassett.net
> http://bassett.net

It's done this with all the media programs I can think of with any
video format. I remember the issue when trying to play DVDs on my
laptop hooked up to TV, the only way I could fix it would be to make
the external monitor the primary monitor, or disable the laptop LCD.
For some reason video applications will only output video to one
display at a time.

--
Josh McFarlane

"Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding."
-Albert Einstein