[dba-Tech] C++ to vb.net conversion

John W. Colby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Tue Mar 1 21:01:53 CST 2005

Well I read the first article and I'm not impressed.  A lot of vitriol and
absolutely nothing advanced as an alternative.

There are just a ton of things that classes make trivial that are a royal
PITA without them.  I am a "single programmer" and I use classes all the
time.  I use them because there are many places where I need to instantiate
more than a single instance of an object, the class holds all the data
structures and the code, it is just there, I wrote it, I understand it, I
just use it.  Now granted because this is Access, I am not using the
inheritance thing (though I wish I could).  There is absolutely NOTHING
difficult about writing classes.  Trivial to understand, trivial to write,
trivial to use.

As for cutting and pasting code... OH MY GOD.  I think that pretty much says
it all for me.  Anyone who is going to cut and paste any non-trivial code
would NEVER earn a position in my organization.

http://folding.stanford.edu/