[dba-Tech] Antivirus Software.... again

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Wed Mar 2 10:33:14 CST 2005

Hi Francisco

We have installed it on a couple of machines and it seems to work
excellent and quiet and consuming little resources.
Though we prefer CA eTrust for our corporate clients, ClamWin seems
fine for small or private clients who may have the money to pay for a
license but just can't deal with renewals etc. without calling us and
wasting our time. So we plan to charge some money for installing it,
donate half of these to ClamWin, and then forget about it.

/gustav

>>> fhtapia at gmail.com 02-03-2005 17:19:51 >>>
I like to follow up on opensource software.  Mainly because I do get a
kick of looking at the source code, (I learn a lot this way). But also
because there are a lot of "great" programs out there that work often
better than rival closed source software...

this month's project of the month is ClamWin based on the Clam A/V
software.  I haven't tried it and was wondering if anyone on the list
has, or knew more details of it.

http://sourceforge.net/potm/potm-2005-02.php

Thanks,
--