[dba-Tech] C++ to vb.net conversion

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Sun Mar 6 15:04:46 CST 2005

I like Bjarne Stroustrup's ideas on OOP's as not being the only ideal way

http://www.research.att.com/~bs/bs_faq.html#multiparadigm

He states that C++ can be used for Multiparadigm programming, for
example C code Kernighan & Ritchie standard can be compiled with C++.
Multiparadigm programming is a fancy way of saying "programming using
more than one programming style, each to its best effect."

For more see
http://www.research.att.com/~bs/oopsla.pdf

John Colby reminded me of this  patterns & practices in MS Enterprise Library

 This is reusable and extensible source code-based guidance that simplifies development of common data access functionality in .NET-based applications using various pattern sample code in VB and C# plus unit testing.
Download from here.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnpag2/html/entlib.asp

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/practices/code.mspx