[dba-Tech] OT: looking for SMTP relay server solution in Spain

Erwin Craps - IT Helps Erwin.Craps at ithelps.be
Tue Mar 15 07:44:33 CST 2005

I seem to tumbled into a unusual situation

A Belgian customer of mine is starting a Company in Spain and will be
living there in 6 months or so.

During that period he will use two ADSL intenet connections. One in
Belgium one in Spain.
I adviced him to use a .COM domain which forwards his mail to the POP
mailbox at his provider in Belgium.

So my intention was to leave the pop server as it is, but to let the
client change the relay SMTP server depending on the country he is in.

The problem is that the Telefonica Spain SMTP server refuses to relay
E-mail for which it has not the domain registred. At my knowledge this
is very unusual because normaly an ISP only verifies if the user is on
the provider network.

I've been told there are free SMTP servers out there, but I don't trust
that.
Any other solution or paid SMTP servers?

Erwin Craps

Zaakvoerder

www.ithelps.be/onsgezin

This E-mail is confidential, may be legally privileged, and is for the
intended recipient only. Access, disclosure, copying, distribution, or
reliance on any of it by anyone else is prohibited and may be a criminal
offence. Please delete if obtained in error and E-mail confirmation to
the sender.

IT Helps - I.T. Help Center  ***  Box Office Belgium & Luxembourg

www.ithelps.be <http://www.ithelps.be/>   *  www.boxoffice.be
<http://www.boxoffice.be/>   *  www.stadleuven.be
<http://www.stadleuven.be/>

IT Helps bvba* ** Mercatorpad 3 **  3000 Leuven

IT Helps  *  Phone: +32 16 296 404  *  Fax: +32 16 296 405 E-mail:
Info at ithelps.be

Box Office **  Fax: +32 16 296 406 **  Box Office E-mail:
Staff at boxoffice.be <mailto:figures at boxoffice.be>