[dba-Tech] VPN/Remote Control

John Bartow john at winhaven.net
Thu Mar 17 19:26:10 CST 2005

Hi Andy,
I'm using NetOp and am very happy with it. I also tested Radmin which was
very good but I had no one recommend it and NetOp had Gustav to recommend it
so I based my final decision between the two on that.

I've have used PC Anywhere and have one customer that has to use because of
a support contract issue with a vendor (I don't care for it as much but it
works. I rank it 3rd over all in my 4 horse race.)

I've tried out XP's remote user and just haven't had a good time with it.
Since its free it's the obvious first choice.

If check out eBay you can get PC Anywhere for a steal. I think I paid $11 or
something like that. NetOp is just under $200 for a single Host/Guest
License. I forgot the cost of Radmin. They all have trials you can download
if you're interested in trying them all out.

HTH
John B.