[dba-Tech] VS.NET: The operation could not be completed...

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at users.mns.ru
Fri Mar 18 04:28:31 CST 2005

Hi All,

I did get weird message from VS.NET 2003.

<<<
Microsoft Development Environment:: The operation could not be completed

<<<
Error: The file name entered is not a valid file name.

Nice and very informative, thanks MS!
Googling didn't give me any clues.
Posting question in MS newsgroups didn't give any results.
Needless to say I was quite desperate and started to prepare myself to big
troubles and time spending of repairing VS.NET...

Fortunately(?) I did get this morning yet another weird message:

<<<
VS.NET 2003::Could not run the ".....vsz" wizard

And using its words for google search I did get the answer:

http://www.petedavis.net/dotnet_articles/wizardfix.html

Make it bookmarked!
It will save you a lot of time if you ever get similar troubles. I wish
you'd never get them of course....

Shamil
--
Web: http://smsconsulting.spb.ru/shamil_s