[dba-Tech] OT: Friday Humor: A new petitiontosupportoutdated(?)technologies...

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at users.mns.ru
Sun May 1 20:12:36 CDT 2005

> A lot of talk has taken place here about the progress in
> outsourcing programming work to Ukraine, Russia and India,
I hear the rumors of these talks here. I know about the off-shore companies
here.
A lot of them abuses programmers. There are good ones too.
But they all make good software because they have usually good Russian
programmers.
And programmers are sometimes(often) a kind of fanatics you know. Especially
younger ones.
Ready to work for small money just to have modern computers, unlimited
Internet access, access to the latest legal software - all what is rather
expensive to afford for their salaries - they work this way for several;
years and then they leave Russia forever...
Still salaries in these off-shore programming companies here are not good
enough to work in them and keep well my family of five people. I don't
expect the situation with salaries in these companies will change soon to
the better...

I'd prefer to set up my relationships with Western companies by myself and
to let the programmers I'd work here together (if any) to earn the money
they deserve...

> The only advice you can get is to either stay off dealing with such
> companies or be prepared for the worst.
These companies are dictating here "the rules of the game".
It's not easy to stay away from them.
What "worst" should I be prepared for?

Shamil
--