[dba-Tech] Compromised Internet Explorer?

Peter Brawley peter.brawley at earthlink.net
Thu May 5 12:51:39 CDT 2005

Steve, John

I saw something similar with an infected PC running w2k and NAV. The
only remedy I could find: removed NAV completely (not trivial), ran two
spyware removers till they each found nothing, ran Grisoft Antivirus
repeatedly till it found nothing, ran a registry repair utility, and
installed Firefox as the default browser.

PB

-----