[dba-Tech] MS CSS enhancements -- was Compromised IE

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Fri May 6 19:22:41 CDT 2005

On 6 May 2005 at 8:54, John Bartow wrote:

> I wouldn't worry about other browser too much unless specified by the
> client. I think over the last 5 years all the sites we manage have had about
> 1.5% hits from other browsers.

You can't afford to ignore the other browsers any more.
IE's share of the browser market is declining. On current filgures,  using
IE only features on a business site will stop about 15% of your visitors.
See http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/04/28/_ie_firefox/

I'd also suspect that the more "tech savvy" your target audience, the
higher the proportion of non IE hits will be.

--
Stuart