[dba-Tech] Power cables

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Tue May 17 12:12:37 CDT 2005

Hi Jon

We only receive the EU cables.

Surplus equipment we pass on to friends of the house or charity or to a
local broker.
Here defective equipment must be returned to an authorised recycling
station which we do.

/gustav

>>> Jon.Tydda at alcontrol.co.uk 05/17 6:23 pm >>>
I've just opened a fairly large consignment of printers, and they're
all
full of European power cables as well as the UK type. As I was throwing
them
in the skip, it struck me that this was a huge waste, both in terms of
the
whole manufacturing process and the environment... then a question
struck me
- when you buy electronic goods in Europe do they come with UK power
cables
as well as the EU ones or is it just unique to the UK?

I must have 50 or 60 of the things here in various boxes and cupboards,
and
if anyone in the EU has a load of UK cables then it seems obvious to
not
chuck them away, but to send them to each other...