[dba-Tech] Windows Explorer numbskull

Steve Erbach erbachs at gmail.com
Wed May 18 11:07:28 CDT 2005

Dear Group,

In all the years I've been using Windows I've never found the answer
to this question: When viewing a folder with Windows Explorer I want
to search just that folder and its sub-folders for a file. So I press
Ctrl-F and get the "Search Companion" where the tree-list of folders
was. I then click on "All Files and Folders" and the Search form
appears. I enter my criteria and click Search. My file is found and
shows up in the right-hand pane of Windows Explorer. Now  that I know
where the file is, I'd like to go back to regular old Windows Explorer
mode.

How do I do that? What option or icon do I select to "put away" the
search panes and return the Windows Explorer panes? I've never figured
this out. I've always closed the Explorer and opened it again to
"reset" it.

--
Regards,

Steve Erbach