[dba-Tech] Wiping ALL data from a hard drive

John Bartow john at winhaven.net
Wed May 25 12:06:31 CDT 2005

Hi Jeff,
I have similar requests from accountants, financial planners, etc.

If they're just disposing of them:
If you have a bunch of PCs then buy one of those huge-electro magnets from
the hardware store or radio shack. Takes a few seconds per unit. Otherwise,
if you only have a couple remove the hard drive and smack it dead center
with a hammer. It takes less than five minutes.

Your customer will be impressed with your thoroughness, and as a byproduct,
it alleviates job related stress. :o)