[dba-Tech] Sloooow pc

Erwin Craps - IT Helps Erwin.Craps at ithelps.be
Tue Nov 8 06:48:47 CST 2005

Adding memory will not solve this issue.

Did you check the CPU usage in the task manager?
If its running at 100% what process is generating that usage?

Did you check the event viewer if a lot of red flags are logged
(application and system log)?

I recently had a simular problem with same result as you.
I download ad-aware from lavasoft and scanned the computer and he did
found a hijakker software where the MS anty spyware (that was already
long installed and updated) did not recognized it.
After removing this spyware with ad-aware the slowness stopped...

A previous version of MSN messenger was also buggy, it hung when logging
in and caused my CPU usage to be at 100%. Terminating the process
helped.

There can be lots of other stuff that can cause this slowness like the
graphic card driver that is corrupt or has problems.

Erwin