[dba-Tech] Tivo like object but not as smart

Arthur Fuller artful at rogers.com
Sat Nov 12 01:44:21 CST 2005

I get cable from a company called Rogers here in Canada, and recently I
upgraded to get a TIVO-like box that lets me record about 50 hours worth.
This has transformed my TV-watching life. I watch almost nothing in
real-time anymore, because I can fast-forward through the commercials.
Anyway, the box came with diagrams to show you how to copy saved programs to
a VCR but there are no equivalent diagrams for DVD.
Does anyone know how I could do this? The box has an S-TV out, if that's any
help.
I am not interested in bootlegging anything. But shows such as The Shield
and Da Vinci's Inquest reward repeated viewing, so I would love to burn them
to DVD rather than VCR. Can this be done?
The rented box in question comes from Scientific Atlanta.
TIA,
Arthur