[dba-Tech] Jet clone?

Josh McFarlane darsant at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 01:35:48 CDT 2005

On 10/30/05, Arthur Fuller <artful at rogers.com> wrote:
> perhaps not even in C++ to deliver the performance that Jet delivered. I
> think this requires assembly language. Perhaps not.

C will give you about the best you're going to get, as it's really
hard to modify the file system from within windows without touching
the Windows API. On the other hand, if you were looking for a boot
utility, then I'd still say C/C++ would be the quickest way to go.
Just because it's a level of abstraction doesn't mean you can't still
maximize optimization and efficiency.

Not sure if such a thing exists at the moment though.
--
Josh McFarlane

"Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding."
-Albert Einstein