[dba-Tech] Emerald Bay and Access

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Fri Sep 2 17:23:33 CDT 2005

On 2 Sep 2005 at 17:32, Arthur Fuller wrote:

> 1. Does anyone have any info on this purported sale of Emerald Bay code
> to MS, and subsequent use thereof?

Can't help with that one but -

> 2. Can anyone recommend a free hex editor that is Windows-XP compliant? (I
> don't mind buying software, but in this case I have only one use for it.)

>From http://www.pricelessware.org:

Frhed
Windows Ver:	95 / 98 / ME / NT4 / 2000 / XP
Frhed (free hex editor) is a small, fast and powerful binary file editor.
Features include search and replace for any combination of binary and text
data, file comparison, bit manipulation, customizable display colors and
font size, ANSI or OEM character set, cut and paste, bookmarking and more.
With Frhed you can also apply binary templates for structured information,
load files partially (for working on huge programs), and export as hexdump
to file or clipboard. Frhed currently does not support Undo.

http://www.kibria.de/frhed.html
(frhed156.zip) (307 Kb)

 Notes:	Alternate downloads: http://www.filesearching.com/

--