[dba-Tech] File Sharing Problem

Erwin Craps - IT Helps Erwin.Craps at ithelps.be
Tue Sep 27 01:10:10 CDT 2005

I find very bizare and have difficults to believe it has something to do
with the orientation of your pictures.

I would advice you to first doe a scan disk on both systems for the
disks in question (source and destination).
If explorer crashes over network it has probably more to do with errors
on the disk or even network problem.

Secondly, if it really has something to do with orientation of the
picture, turn of image preview of the destination folder and subfolders.
Set view in details.
This will avoid Explorer to analyze your picture and create a thumbnail
when copying those files.
If you still get crashes it is imposible due to orientation because
explore does not analyze the picture anymore. I must be disk error or
network error.
Try only copying the files in question and not all files at once.

Erwin