[dba-Tech] email issue

Bryan Carbonnell carbonnb at sympatico.ca
Tue Aug 1 17:48:50 CDT 2006

On 1 Aug 2006 at 17:02, John Bartow wrote:

> I have an a situation where a client receives incoming email from an
> (affiliated) corporate account but the corporation does not allow her to
> send email back through that account.
>
> I set her up with another email account to use for replying with.
>
> In Outlook Express she has to always check the from field to make sure
> that it is from her own account or the sending operation will fail.
>
> She's not too computer friendly to start with and she is quite frustrated
> with this arrangement.
>
> Does anyone know how to make Outlook express always send email from a
> specific account (even if the reply is in regards to a message that came
> via a different account)?

Can't say's I do, but maybe try setting the SMTP properties to the
outgoing server that she has to send through and set that as the default
outgoing server.

> If not does anyone know of an email client that can do this?

Yep. Pegasus mail can, and then some. I use it to retreive e-mail from
several account (including listmaster at databaseadvisors.com) and send via
my ISP only, since they block all smtp traffic, except to their server.
So all of my accounts come from their various servers, but all go out via
my ISPs servers.

Bryan Carbonnell - carbonnb at sympatico.ca
Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission.