[dba-Tech] Dialup and Internet Explorer

Jeff Barrows jeff.developer at gmail.com
Wed Dec 6 12:05:28 CST 2006

I hope that someone o there can help me.  I have a friend on dialup, refuses
to upgrade to dsl or cable, with a problem.  He can make a connection with
his dialup modem, but he cannot open ANY web pages with IE or Netscape.  If
I connect his pc to my DSL connection, I have no problem opening IE and
surfing the web. Cannot seem to find anything wrong with the modem, just
will not display anything.  Nothing was added or removed from the system
before this started.  He has since rebuilt the pc and continues to have the
same problem.

Anyone have any ideas on what to do or where to go for help?

TIA

Jeff Barrows