[dba-Tech] Number of files in Recent

Tina Norris Fields tinanfields at torchlake.com
Sat Feb 4 14:31:39 CST 2006

Andy,

There are differences between Win2K and WinXP I know, so this answer may
not be right for you.
In WinXP - right-click the Start button - select Properties
In the Properties dialog box, select the tab marked Start Menu.
In the Start Menu page in WinXP there are two style choices - Start Menu
and Classic Start Menu - each of which has a Customize button
+ Using the Start Menu style, click Customize.  In the Customize dialog
box, select the tab marked Advanced
- - - Near the bottom of the Advanced page, there is a checkbox for
"List my most recently opened documents."  Next to that is a button
marked "Clear List."
+ Using the Classic Start Menu style, click Customize.  In the Customize
dialog box, about halfway down there is a button marked "Clear."

For either style this will clear the list - the Start Menu style also
lets you decide whether to list the recently used documents or not.

Hoping there is something similar in Win2K, so that this is helpful to
you - kind regards,
Tina