[dba-Tech] What do you all think about this laptop...

Gary Kjos garykjos at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 11:27:14 CST 2006

See the IBM Lenovo FAQ at
http://www.pc.ibm.com/ww/customerqa.html

Including Question #1 - What did IBM Announce?
We announced an agreement with Lenovo that creates a powerful new
leader in the PC industry. Lenovo will acquire IBM's Personal
Computing Division and create a new company that will bring the
strengths of IBM's legendary PC business together with those of
Lenovo, that will employ 19,000 people and provide the widest range of
PC products and technologies to businesses, worldwide.

The agreement includes a broad-based, strategic marketing alliance
under which Lenovo will receive sales and marketing support from IBM,
and Lenovo's products will be integrated into IBM Global Services
offerings.

Important for all customers of IBM to know: IBM will provide warranty
service and support and financing and leasing options for PC products
from the new Lenovo. IBM will take an ownership stake of 18.9 percent
in Lenovo, and it will purchase PCs for its own employees from Lenovo
as well.

With this agreement, Lenovo becomes the world's third-largest PC
company and a key, strategic IBM business partner. Lenovo will have
all of the strengths of IBM's existing PC division, including
research, development, design, and manufacturing capabilities.