[dba-Tech] Windows XP repair on a Ghosted drive

John Bartow john at winhaven.net
Wed Feb 15 12:06:18 CST 2006

Fun stuff, isn't it?

:o)

-----Original Message-----
From: dba-tech-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:dba-tech-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Steve Erbach

Erwin,

Hmmm, I'm not sure what you mean by "at windows level."  When I run Ghost
from Windows, I tell it which drive to ghost and then it reboots the PC into
DOS to actually perform the ghosting.  I have run into an issue on my
workstation after Ghosting where upon re-starting Windows XP Pro goes to a
blue screen with a system halt message.  Sometimes rebooting multiple times
doesn't work so that I have to put in my old version of SysInternals ERD
Commander to get Windows to get its undies unbundled.  It's a mystery to me.