[dba-Tech] Ctrl-Alt-Del

Steve Erbach erbachs at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 12:16:07 CST 2006

Jon,

The PC's status as a workstation has not changed since I formatted my
second drive and re-installed (almost) everything.  We have a home
network of 5 PC's and one of them is a Windows Server 2003 box...but I
was only experimenting with that one.  There's no domain at all.

And as far as the option on the User's page, I can send you a screen
shot, if you like.

I start Control Panel, click User Accounts and get a Windows Explorer
window with
1) the normal Windows Explorer menu and toolbar buttons;
2) a "See Also" of "Appearance and Themes"
3) three "Learn About" topics: User Accounts, User account types, and
Switching users
4) "Pick a task..." showing Change and account, Create a new account,
and Change my picture
5) "or pick a Control Panel icon" showing icons for Mail and User Accounts.

I click on User Accounts and get a new window showing
1) the same three "Learn About" topics
2) "Pick a task..." showing Change an account, Create a new account,
and Change the way users log on or off
3) "or pick an account to change" which shows icons for each of the
accounts on my workstation.

I'm stumped.

Steve Erbach
Neenah, WI