[dba-Tech] Ctrl-Alt-Del

Steve Erbach erbachs at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 20:26:35 CST 2006

John,

Well, I didn't find the farging "Advanced" tab in the User Accounts,
but I DID find Security Settings under Administrative

Go to All Programs | Administrative Tools | Local Security Policy.
Under Local Policies | Security Options there's a policy labeled
"Interactive Login: Do not require CTRL+ALT+DEL".  That must be set to
DISABLED to require a user to hit Ctrl-Alt-Del before logging in.
FINALLY!  I just don't ever remember having to go to the Security
Policies to do this.  I'll bet that a recent Windows upgrade changed
what you used to be able to do through the Control Panel WITHOUT
changing the Help files.

Thanks, John.

Steve Erbach
http://TheTownCrank.blogspot.com