[dba-Tech] COmputer Cases

Bryan Carbonnell carbonnb at sympatico.ca
Tue Jan 3 21:00:30 CST 2006

On 3 Jan 2006 at 19:16, Gary Kjos wrote:

> ExtremeTech just updated their "build it" specifications for a
> mediacenter PC.
>
> http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1697,1893732,00.asp
>
> The chose a Silverstone case you can get at Newegg.com or
> Tigerdirect.com among other places.....
>
> I just have a regular desktop PC connected to my big TV and I am
> thinking that it makes too much noise. I should look at building my
> own mediacenter system to replace it.
>
> Keep us posted as to what you end up doing will ya?

If I can actually afford to do it I will. But it will more than
likely be a Linux PVR/Media Centre.

After looking at the cost of the cases, I may have just priced myself
right out of the PVR market.

An Silverstone LC18 case (the one wiht the touch panel), at a
retailer I could find that sells them was almost $800!!

Bryan Carbonnell - carbonnb at sympatico.ca
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't
matter and those who matter don't mind - Dr.Seuss