[dba-Tech] Tying Outlook appointments into Access

John Colby jwcolby at ColbyConsulting.com
Mon Jan 16 14:26:08 CST 2006

I have finally broken down and decided to make a major push to use outlook
appointments for scheduling my client work.  In order to make this work
however I need to be able to create the appointment in Outlook and have it
create a dummy billing (time) record in my billing database, and if I delete
or drag the edges of the appointment around, have it modify my billing
records.  I know how to automate outlook, get it instantiated and watch
events etc, but I have never fiddled with anything but messages and
attachments.

Does anyone have example code for doing this kind of stuff, particularly the
"dragging of appointment times".  Done correctly I could make appointments,
then as the time comes to do the work, I could go in to the appointment and
fill in the work done right in outlook and have the data transferred to my
billing program.

Anyone?