[dba-Tech] Barrett-Jackson Auto Auctions

Arthur Fuller artful at rogers.com
Sun Jan 22 12:29:44 CST 2006

I seem seriously to have missed the point on what cars are valuable. An
original mint condition Jaguar XKE sold for a mere half million while a
Chrysler Hemicuda sold for 2 million! Unf**king believable. Here you have
perhaps the greatest car ever designed (XKE) vs. another stupid lumbering
behemoth and somehow the behemoth scores four times more than the XKE. How
could this occur. Perhaps the old adage applies: if you want to know what
God thinks of money, look to whom he gave it.
Unbelievable, a HemiCuda worth four times the price of an XKE, both of which
are in mint condition. This is a stupid world.
Mind you, anyone who is there to pay a million or so for a car clearly has
too much money, but that is an aside. But given a choice between 4 Jag XKEs
and one HemiCuda, what would you choose? I like HemiCudas but let us be
realistic about this. How could one possibly fault the design of an XKE and
instead choose a HemiCuda?
I guess this is why I am not affluent. I keep choosing design over HOT. You
get about 1.5 miles per gallon in a Hemi, which is obviously not why you
might have purchased one. But still, why on earth would you buy such an
angry dog? This is not a car! It is a display of somethingm, and I suspect
what that something is, but will venture no further than to reiterate
Fuller`s Fifth law: cubic inch displacement is inversely proportional to
sexual ability.

Arthur