[dba-Tech] LinkSys Router and FTP Server

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Sun Jan 22 16:57:06 CST 2006

On 22 Jan 2006 at 16:03, Arthur Fuller wrote:

> Does anyone on this list run an FTP server through a LinkSys router? I would
> like to set up an FTP server on one of my boxes, all of which are connected
> to the LinkSys router. In addition, due to space limitations, I would want
> the FTP server to address drives/directories on several boxes (one has all
> my music, another has all my database stuff, etc.). Anyone who could help me
> through this process is invited to respond privately (don't want to consume
> bandwidth just for a private issue). TIA, Arthur

First thing to do is download the Filezilla Server from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/filezilla/

Set it up and play arouind with it including creating different users,
assigning Home directories andcreating directory aliases between boxes.

Only you are comfortable with imanaging an FTP server, look at opening up
the router to accessing from the internet.--
Stuart