[dba-Tech] Office XP new installation

Lembit Soobik lembit.dbamail at t-online.de
Sat Jul 29 07:15:55 CDT 2006

Hi,
I have done a new Win XP Pro install on a clean HD
I have then installed Office 97 - only Access 97
then installed into a different directory OfficeXP: AccessXP, Excel, Word,
PP, Outlook

while Acc97 works,

on the Office XP I get following problems:

AccessXP: a window opens and tells me wait till Windows configures Office
XP...
then another window with a similar message and progressbar.
then its finished and Access never shows up.

on the other programs Excel, Word,.. similar windows show up but very short
time only and then the application is there and can be used.

I have tried with Control panel - MS office XP - change - to repair and also
to do reinstall, both left me with the same result.

any ideas?

thanks
Lembit