[dba-Tech] Office XP new installation

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Sun Jul 30 15:31:22 CDT 2006

You will only see msohelp.exe running in your task manger list.
I have 2003 not XP on my machine with 97 and 2007
There should be a help file like this for Office 10.0
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\1033\vbaac10.chm"

You might want to try running Belarc Advisor on this machine
and compare differences with a working machine.
It produces a boatload of info on the machine
A hardware list, a list of user accounts and which have admin priveleges,
a list of windows hot fixes, a list of software installed, a list of
license and activation keys.
Unfortunately this will not list the Office hotfixes Maybe the pro
edition does..

open this file for report
c:\program files\belarc\advisor\system\tmp\(COMPUTERNAME).html
(where COMPUTERNAME is the name of your PC)

See Windows Installer FAQ:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/community/centers/management/msi...

Under "Troubleshooting" section, see:

"   Q.Every time I launch my application, Windows Installer performs an
installation. How can I determine the cause of the on-demand installation?

-and-

Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility:  MSIZAP

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=290301

Marty Connelly
Victoria, B.C.
Canada