[dba-Tech] MRU list

Ralph Bryce ralph at inweb.co.uk
Wed Mar 8 09:08:02 CST 2006

 Steve

A couple of links that may help...

http://wordtips.vitalnews.com/Pages/T1400_The_Case_of_the_Disappearing_MRU_F
ile_List.html

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q284896

Regards,

Ralph Bryce

-----Original Message-----
From: dba-tech-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:dba-tech-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Steve Erbach
Sent: 08 March 2006 14:39
To: Discussion of Hardware and Software issues
Subject: [dba-Tech] MRU list

Dear Group,

In my recent re-format and re-installation of everything on my PC I
re-installed Microsoft Office 2003 Professional.  One thing that has been
missing since I installed it is the Most Recently Used file list in every
application.

For example, I go into Word 2003 and select Tools | Options | General.
 The option for the number of Recently used file list entries is
unavailable.  There's no number in the spinner box for number of documents
most recently used.

This is the situation with Access and Excel, too.  It's interesting how
annoying it is to walk through the directory tree every time I want to use a
document or a database I worked on just yesterday.

How do I turn this feature ON again?

--
Regards,

Steve Erbach