[dba-Tech] Ghosting an old HD to a New HD

Steve Erbach erbachs at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 17:18:21 CST 2006

Arthur,

Not sure what you mean by "several reviews of the new virgins."

I have Norton Systemworks 2003 Professional that I got on Ebay for
between $6 and $11.  If you look for SystemWorks Pro 2003 specifically
I think you'll be surprised by the prices.  You also get a Norton AV
subscription in the package, if that appeals to you.

Anyway, since I've never been able to put Ghost to the ultimate test
successfully -- that is, take a Ghosted drive and set it as the main
boot drive -- I'm afraid I can't answer positively your
questions...except for c).  You might do the old Spode maneuver from
the Jeeves and Wooster story; that is, run a women's lingerie store
without anyone finding out so they can blackmail you.

Steve Erbach
http://TheTownCrank.blogspot.com