[dba-Tech] Norton Antivirus Activation

Scott Marcus marcus at tsstech.com
Thu Mar 16 07:29:52 CST 2006

John Bartow,

Why is MS-AS "a joke these days"?

My personal experience with MS-AS is that it's the best freebie and even
better than SpySweeper. As far as CounterSpy and Pest Patrol, I don't
know.

I don't go by what the reviews say is the top rated (unless it's a new
product, which then gets me to try it). I've actually used all of the
ones you mention except CounterSpy and Pest Patrol. I still find MS-AS
to be the best balance between getting the job done and hogging system
resources.

My experience with MS-AS is that it removes the stuff it finds, which
I've never been able to get Spybot and Adaware to do correctly. I don't
stick all my eggs into one basket either. I leave MS-AS running and run
the other 2 freebies periodically (monthly/bimonthly).

Scott Marcus

PS. Spybot's teatimer (while annoying) works rather well.