[dba-Tech] Conversion of REAL decimal numbers to Hex

Rocky Smolin - Beach Access Software bchacc at san.rr.com
Tue Mar 21 12:07:55 CST 2006

When I was a teener and just staring out in computers, I heard form a
teacher that hexadecimal should really be called sexadecimal, but since
IBM was the arbiter of computer nomenclature at the time, and was (and
still is, I guess) a pretty strait laced company, they couldn't handle
sexadecimal and so we had hex dumps.  Instead of sex dumps.

Rocky