[dba-Tech] The ruggedness of DVD players

Steve Erbach erbachs at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 11:03:09 CST 2006

Gary,

I guess this is just one of those areas where it pays to do some
consumer research before buying...though in getting a Christmas
present from a friend one has to take what one gets.

My PC's internal CD Rewritable/DVD-ROM has been a brick.  Lets see,
it's a Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-R1202.  It hasn't failed to play anything
I've put in there, including a funky DVD burned by a friend that would
NOT play in my son's XBox, normally the brickiest DVD player in the
house.

Thanks, Gary.

Steve Erbach
http://TheTownCrank.blogspot.com