[dba-Tech] Recovering CD-R

Gary Kjos garykjos at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 14:50:27 CST 2006

I'd first try to look at it on a couple different machines, maybe a
Mac even. Different machines and different drives may have better luck
but I think it's probably toast. CD's are just not a safe medium for
backups. I just had a burned music CD go bad on me. I have a lot less
trust in them than I did last week... ;-)

A Google search of "cdr recovery" turns up this as the first hit.
Looks promising and there is a free trial of some sort....

http://www.jufsoft.com/badcopy/cdrecover.asp?rid=google&kid=gccr0114

It's the first of a million and a half hits though so there are a few
more choices. Good luck to your friend. Let us know how it turns out.