[dba-Tech] Remove registry entries

Jon Tydda Jon.Tydda at alcontrol.co.uk
Thu May 18 09:45:40 CDT 2006

Hi all

I'm running a LIMS system here at work, which is a database that drives
everything in the laboratory, and in the office afterwards. It schedules the
work for the analysts, then passes the results upstairs where they're
reported and invoiced by the admin staff.

To connect the computers to the server, we use a DSN connection. I've
recently discovered that I can use a System DSN to connect, so I only have
to set it up once per pc, instead of once per user per pc, which will
obviously save me hundreds of hours going around running a batch file every
time we have a new starter.

I'd therefore like to remove all the old user based DN connections, the only
thing is that they're held in the current_user section of the registry, and
to get to that, I'd have to get each user to log onto each pc, which would
then make hundreds more hours work, which seems silly to me.

So what I want to know is if it's possible to run a small batch file in
people's login scripts that will remove the old registry entries... and if
so, how I go about it.

Any suggestions would be gratefully accepted.

Jon

The information in this e-mail is confidential and may also be legally
privileged. The contents are intended for recipient only and are subject
to the legal notice available on request from : webmaster at alcontrol.co.uk
ALcontrol Laboratories is a trading division of ALcontrol UK Limited.
Registered Office: Templeborough House, Mill Close, Rotherham, S60 1BZ.
Registered in England and Wales No 4057291